Le Mas d’Arjac is a small hamlet with several separate buildings. Most of the stone buildings date from the early 18th century. The keystone of the Long House is dated 1738, and the building remained largely untouched until its recent and sympathetic restoration by local artisans who used only traditional methods and natural materials so that nothing has been lost of the beauty of the original building or of its character. The interior retains all of its original beams and stone features. At the same time, we have added luxuries such as solid oak floors and terra cotta tiles which are in keeping with the age and style of the home but with the addition of under floor heating as well as modern insulation to keep the house warm in winter and cool in summer. There are three bedrooms in the Long House sharing two shower rooms.
The Mas is even older than the Long House and is believed to have been built in the 17th century. It has been similarly restored using traditional methods and provides comfortable, well insulated and centrally heated accommodation in two spacious bedrooms. These rooms share a very comfortable bathroom on the ground floor.
The Atelier, built in 1832, was the main barn of the hamlet until the 80’s and, after a sensitive and creative renovation during 2013/2014, has become a beautiful studio space designed for yoga, drama, music workshops and language learning.
Your stay at Arjac