Dr Ashley Reece • Children's Doctor
During the first wave of the pandemic, Dr Reece initially suspended all his routine outpatient clinics, as Bushey lent its site and services to support non-acute work for the local NHS trust. Dr Reece was also involved in supporting the acute paediatric service at Watford General Hospital, his NHS base. So all face-to-face consultations were stopped.
As of the end of June 2020 face to face consultations became possible again with safety measures including social distancing in the waiting room, temperature checks and wearing face coverings.
A facility to run secure virtual clinical consultations over the video conference platform, Zoom, is available, or a Telephone consultation, may be appropriate if a face to face consultation is not possible.
Dr Reece will be happy to consider offering a 'Zoom Consultation' at a mutually convenient time, usually early evening if you have concerns about your child and you wish to have further assessment.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT VIDEO/TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS
1. The virtual consultation does not replace a face-to-face consultation.
2. It is more difficult to see new patients with new problems, but may be possible depending on the issue.
3. The medical assessment over Zoom is LIMITED because no physical examination is possible.
4. The consultation is charged at the same rate as a face-to-face consultation.
5. If you are insured, and covered for the virtual consultation, you will need to provide written evidence of authorisation PRIOR to the appointment.
A face to face consultation would usually be preferable.
If you have concerns about your child’s health and cannot get a virtual private consultation soon enough PLEASE contact your GP, call NHS111 or attend your local Emergency Department (A&E) - all these services remain open for you and your children if you are worried about them.
Private Practice and Coronavirus - Face to Face Consultations
Consultations at Spire Bushey Hospital
Spire Bushey Hospital
Thursday afternoon 2-4.30pm
020 8901 5555